This hummus recipe is delicious! I’m gradually accumulating a good collection of recipes that that use doTERRA essential oils to create amazing, flavorful food.
This recipe for yummy hummus (without tahini), is infused with four beautiful doTERRA essential oils is loved where ever I serve it. 🙂
It’s a favorite at essential oil classes, as well as other social and family gatherings. I can make this hummus with complete confidence, as it always goes down a treat.
The recipe for my ‘yummy hummus’ is so simple, and the essential oils – lemon, lime, cumin and either black or pink pepper oil – give it a really nice, well rounded flavour. If you want to buy these oils to make this hummus at home, click the link below.
You can of course make this hummus without essential oils. Simply use ground cumin and black pepper to taste, or any other spices you like instead.
Yummy Hummus With doTERRA Essential Oils
- 1 can chick peas
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 drop lime essential oil
- 1 drop cumin essential oil
- 2 drops pink pepper or black pepper essential oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place chickpeas, olive oil and lemon juice in your blender or food processor.
- Peel and crush the garlic, then add that to the chickpeas and other ingredients.
- Add essential oils, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Tip: Make sure you add enough salt! This brings out the flavours of everything else, and without enough salt, your hummus will be bland. (Add then taste. Add then taste… Continue doing this until it’s good).
- Tip: If the mixture is a bit dry, add more olive oil, or some water until the consistency is to your liking.
- Tip: I’m lucky enough to now be the proud owner of a Thermomix TM5, and I can’t recommend this machine highly enough. If you’re after a real deal one of a kind kitchen appliance, that can handle whatever you throw at it, that chops, grates, blends, mills, cooks, connects to the internet and downloads recipes then sets them up on the device and almost cooks them for you… This is it. Put it on your wishlist…. 🙂
Note: I use and recommend only doTERRA essential oils. Many essential oils are NOT pure, and may contain dangerous ingredients or additives. Many of the doTERRA essential oils are approved for internal use and for food flavouring. They are CPTG and go through over fifty tests during production to ensure both purity and potency.
doTERRA essential oils can be purchased either at wholesale or retail prices. To find out more about these options, click the link below.